Many of us have come to love pork chops. They’re hearty, juicy, and can be served in a variety of ways. But when it comes to baking them in the oven, there’s one important question: how long should you bake pork chops at 350°F? It’s an important question because the answer will determine whether they turn out tender or rubbery. In this blog post, we’ll discuss not only how long bake pork chops at 350 but also tips on ensuring that your meal comes out perfect every time. So if you want delicious, perfectly cooked pork chops with every dinner then read on.
- 1 What are pork chops?
- 2 Nutritional information of pork chops
- 3 What temperature should you bake pork chops at?
- 4 Can you bake pork chops at 350 f?
- 5 How to choose the best cut of pork chops for baking at 350?
- 6 How long bake pork chops at 350?
- 6.1 How long to bake pork chops at 350 F in the oven?
- 6.2 How long do you cook 1-inch thick pork chops at 350 F?
- 6.3 How long to bake pork chops at 350 F after searing?
- 6.4 How long to bake pork chops at 350 F in an air fryer?
- 6.5 How long to bake stuffed pork chops at 350 F?
- 6.6 How long to bake breaded pork chops at 350 F?
- 6.7 How long to bake smothered pork chops at 350 F?
- 7 What will affect the baking time of pork chops at 350?
- 8 Different types of pork chops & their recommended baking times
- 9 Step-by-step guide to baking pork chops at 350
- 10 How to tell when pork chops are done baking at 350?
- 11 Tips for perfect baked pork chops at 350
- 12 What foods can you serve with pork chops at 350?
- 13 Some recipes using baked pork chops at 350
- 14 How to store and reheat pork chops at 350?
- 15 Conclusion: How long bake pork chops at 350
- 16 FAQs Bake pork chops
- 16.1 Do you bake pork chops at 350 or 375?
- 16.2 Do you bake pork chops covered or uncovered at 350?
- 16.3 Can I use a different temperature to bake pork chops?
- 16.4 Can I bake pork chops in the oven at 400?
- 16.5 Do I need to turn over pork chops when baking at 350?
- 16.6 Can I bake frozen pork chops at 350?
- 16.7 Do you need oil to cook pork chops?
- 16.8 Is it better to bake pork chops on high or low temperature?
- 16.9 Can I bake pork chops without seasoning?
- 16.10 Is 30 minutes long enough to Bake Pork Chops?
What are pork chops?
Pork chops are cut from the back of a pig, usually from the loin. They come in several sizes and generally have two or three small bones in them. They can be cooked using a variety of methods, but baking is one of the easiest and most popular.
Nutritional information of pork chops
Pork chops (Lean) have 332 calories, with 67% of the calories coming from protein, 33% from fat, and 0% from carbs or alcohol. A pie chart illustrating the macro nutrient components shows that water makes up 62.12%, protein makes up 30.98%, fat 6.9%, and carb/alcohol 0%.
What temperature should you bake pork chops at?
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place pork chops in preheated oven and bake until internal thermometer reads 145° Fahrenheit. Transfer cooked pork chops to a clean plate and loosely cover with foil.
Can you bake pork chops at 350 f?
Pork chops can be baked at 350°F. For 1¼-inch thick chops, bake for 14-17 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F. Bake time should not vary based on bone-in/boneless status.
How to choose the best cut of pork chops for baking at 350?
To get the best results, you should opt for either center-cut or blade pork chops. Center-cut pork chops are usually thicker and have more fat, which helps keep them juicy during the baking process. Blade pork chops are thinner and may require slightly less time to cook.
How long bake pork chops at 350?
Now know the temperature to bake them at, let’s discuss how long bake pork chops at 350.
How long to bake pork chops at 350 F in the oven?
Pork chops cooked at 350 F will take between 20 and 40 minutes. Boneless, 1-inch thick pork chops cooked at this temperature will take 25 to 30 minutes. Bone-in pork chops with the same thickness will take 30 to 35 minutes to cook through.
How long do you cook 1-inch thick pork chops at 350 F?
Cooking boneless 1-inch thick pork chops at 350 F requires 25-30 minutes. Cooking bone-in 1-inch thick pork chops takes 30-35 minutes.
How long to bake pork chops at 350 F after searing?
Smothered pork chops are made by searing for 1-2 minutes and then baking at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes. The longer the chops are seared, the less time they need to bake. On average, smothered pork chops can be cooked in less than 30 minutes at 350ºF.
How long to bake pork chops at 350 F in an air fryer?
Pork Chops can be air fried in an air fryer at 350°F for 15 minutes. Before cooking, season chops with olive oil, parsley, garlic and other desired seasonings before placing in a plastic bag. Once seasoned, arrange the pork chops inside the fryer basket in a single layer and spray with cooking oil. After 15 minutes, use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the pork reaches at least 150°F before serving.
How long to bake stuffed pork chops at 350 F?
Stuffed pork chops should be placed on a rimmed baking sheet and cooked in a 350°F oven for 35-40 minutes. Internal temperature of the meat must reach 145°F to ensure safe consumption.
How long to bake breaded pork chops at 350 F?
Breaded pork chops should be baked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes. Turn the chops halfway through baking so both sides crisp evenly. Ensure pork chops are cooked through when no longer pink and internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Broil for 5 minutes after cooking for extra crispiness. Allow pork chops to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
How long to bake smothered pork chops at 350 F?
To bake smothered pork chops, sear for 1-2 minutes and then bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Bone-in pork chops should be cooked for 25 minutes at 350 F. In total, smothered pork chops will take less than 30 minutes to prepare.
What will affect the baking time of pork chops at 350?
There are two main factors that can affect the baking time of pork chops at 350°F. The first is the size and thickness of the pork chops. Pork chops cooked in the oven at 350°F require 25-30 minutes per pound to cook. The thickness of the pork chops affects cooking time. The internal temperature of the pork chops should reach 145°F before they are removed from the oven.
Different types of pork chops & their recommended baking times
When baking pork chops, it’s important to choose the right cut for your recipe. Here are some of the most popular types of pork chops and their recommended cooking times at 350°F:
- Center-Cut Pork Chops: Generally, you should bake center-cut pork chops at 350°F for 20 minutes per pound.
- Blade Pork Chops: For blade pork chops, the cooking time will depend on their size and thickness. A 1-inch thick chop should be cooked for 15 minutes per pound.
- Boneless Pork Chops: Boneless pork chops usually require a shorter cooking time than bone-in chops. A 1-inch thick boneless chop should be cooked for 10 minutes per pound at 350°F.
- Breaded Pork Chops: Breaded pork chops should be cooked for 25 minutes per pound at 350°F.
- Stuffed Pork Chops: Stuffed pork chops should be cooked for 30 minutes per pound at 350°F.
Step-by-step guide to baking pork chops at 350
Now that you know how long bake pork chops at 350°F, here’s a step-by-step guide to help ensure your meal comes out perfect every time.
Step 1: Trim Fat from Chops
Trim fat from pork chops before cooking using a sharp knife. Preheat oven to 350°F. Season pork chops with desired seasoning and place in baking dish. Roast pork chops for around 25 minutes or until internal temperature is 145°F. Allow pork chops to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Step 2: Dry and season pork chops
Pork chops should be dried with paper towels before baking for best sear. Add salt and pepper (or other desired herbs/spices) to pork chops before baking. Bake pork chops at 350°F.
Step 3: Sear pork chops before baking
Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in an extra-large skillet over medium-high heat. Add two bone-in chops or up to four boneless pork chops and cook for 6 minutes, flipping as needed for even searing. Searing the pork chops prior to baking creates a flavor-packed Maillard reaction.
Step 4: Bake pork chops
Pork chops should be baked at 350°F uncovered. If desired, pork chops can be placed in an oven-safe skillet prior to baking. It is recommended to use a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet if your skillet is not oven-safe. Pork chops are done when their internal temperature reaches 145°F. After baking, cover the pork chops with foil and allow them to stand for three minutes before serving.
How to tell when pork chops are done baking at 350?
Pork chops of 1¼-inch thickness should be baked at 350°F for 14-17 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F. The baking time is the same for boneless and bone-in pork chops, provided their thickness is the same. If the chops are thinner than 1¼-inch, reduce baking time. Pork chops are done when they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
Tips for perfect baked pork chops at 350
For perfect baked pork chops at 350°F, bake chops that are 1¼-inches thick for a minimum of 14 minutes and up to 17 minutes. Ensure the internal temperature of pork chops reaches 145°F using an instant-read thermometer. Bake time should remain consistent regardless if the chops are boneless or bone-in.. Here are a few tips to help you get the best results:
- Choose the right cut of pork for your recipe. Center-cut and blade chops are ideal for baking, while boneless or breaded chops may require less cooking time.
- Make sure your pork chops are at room temperature before baking. This will help them cook more evenly and prevent them from drying out.
- Rub the pork chops with spices and herbs for extra flavor.
- Let the pork chops rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help seal in the juices and ensure your meal is juicy and flavorful.
What foods can you serve with pork chops at 350?
Once your pork chops have finished baking, there are plenty of ways to serve them. Here are a few ideas:
- Serve with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables for a classic dinner dish.
- Slice the pork into strips and serve over salad greens for a light summer meal.
- Pile the cooked pork chops onto a big baking sheet and top with your favorite pizza toppings for an easy weeknight dinner.
- Serve the pork chops with grilled pineapple, bell peppers, and onions for a tropical twist.
Some recipes using baked pork chops at 350
If you’re looking for some delicious recipes to make with your baked pork chops at 350°F, here are a few ideas:
- Baked Parmesan Pork Chops: These juicy pork chops are coated in Parmesan cheese and herbs for an easy weeknight meal.
- Sheet Pan Pork Chop Supper: This one-pan dish combines pork chops, potatoes, and vegetables for a comforting meal.
- Crispy Baked Pork Chops with Apples: This dish combines sweet apples and savory pork chops for a unique dinner option.
- Baked Coconut Pork Chops: These pork chops are coated in coconut flakes and baked until crispy for an Asian-inspired meal.
- Honey Mustard Baked Pork Chops: This simple dish is made with only a few ingredients and full of flavor.
- Easy Baked BBQ Pork Chops: These pork chops are coated in your favorite barbecue sauce for an easy meal that’s sure to please.
How to store and reheat pork chops at 350?
Leftover pork chops can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. There are many methods to reheat pork chops at 350:
How to reheat pork chops on the stove?
Reheating pork chops on the stove: arrange in a single layer in a large skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of liquid per chop; add butter. Heat over medium-low for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Cover skillet with lid to trap steam and keep meat moist. Repeat until heated through.
How to reheat pork chops in the microwave?
Reheat pork chops in the microwave using the following steps: Place on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Heat at 50% power for 1 minute, then heat in 30-second intervals, checking regularly until heated through. The damp paper towel helps prevent the pork chop from drying out.
How to reheat pork chops in the oven?
Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Add 1-2 tablespoons of water or stock per pork chop to an oven-safe baking dish. Place pork chops and any sauce in the baking dish and wrap tightly with foil. Bake for 15-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until hot.
How to reheat pork chops in an air fryer?
Reheat pork chops in an air fryer by setting the temperature to 300ºF (150ºC). Rub surface of pork chop with fat or sprinkle it with stock and wrap in foil. Place pork chops in air fryer and heat for 4-5 minutes until piping hot.
How to reheat pork chops in a steamer?
Set up a steamer and bring stock or water to a boil. Place pork chops in the steamer basket and cover with a lid. Steam for 4-5 minutes until heated through, flipping at the halfway mark. Use stock instead of water to infuse pork chops with flavor. If no stock is available, make a simple poaching liquid with lemon and herbs.
Conclusion: How long bake pork chops at 350
Baking pork chops at 350°F is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a meal. By following the steps above, you can ensure that your pork chops come out perfect every time. Whether you’re making a classic dinner dish or trying something new, there are plenty of recipes that use baked pork chops at 350°F. Plus, it’s easy to store and reheat them for quick meals throughout the week. With a little practice, you’ll be a master of baking pork chops at 350°F in no time.
FAQs Bake pork chops
Do you bake pork chops at 350 or 375?
The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145 degrees F for pork chops. Baking at 375 degrees F gives a consistent texture. Higher temperature of 400 degrees F will result in a more caramelized texture.
Do you bake pork chops covered or uncovered at 350?
Pork chops should be cooked in the oven at 350 F for 20 to 30 minutes, uncovered. For pork chops covered with aluminum foil, baking time should be 18 to 25 minutes. Pork chops are done when internal temperature reaches 145 F.
Can I use a different temperature to bake pork chops?
Pork chops can be baked in the oven at temperatures ranging from 350°F to 400°F. For a crispy crust, opt for a temperature of 400°F. Lower temperatures between 350-375°F will give you tender pork chops inside and out.
Can I bake pork chops in the oven at 400?
Oven baking pork chops at 400°F gives 7-8 minutes of cooking time for each 1/2 inch of thickness. 3/4-inch-thick chops require 10-12 minutes, and 1-inch-thick cuts need 15-16 minutes.
Do I need to turn over pork chops when baking at 350?
Pork chops should be cooked at 350°F for 7-10 minutes on one side, then flipped and cooked for another 7-10 minutes. Temperature should reach 145°F to ensure they are fully cooked.
Can I bake frozen pork chops at 350?
Pork chops should be brushed with mustard before being coated with bread crumbs. Place in a baking dish and drizzle a little oil in the middle. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chops.
Do you need oil to cook pork chops?
Heat a skillet with olive oil or a neutral oil. Place the pork chops in the pan, making sure there is an inch between each for proper searing. Allow the oil to shimmer before adding the pork chops to the pan.
Is it better to bake pork chops on high or low temperature?
When baking pork chops, higher temperatures (400°F) will give you a crispy crust. Lower temperatures (350-375°F) are recommended for tender pork chops both inside and out.
Can I bake pork chops without seasoning?
Properly seasoning pork chops is essential for cooking a delicious and tender meal. Before cooking, use salt and other spices to enhance the flavor of your pork chops.
Is 30 minutes long enough to Bake Pork Chops?
Boneless pork chops that are 1-inch thick need to cook for 25-30 minutes at 350 F. Bone-in pork chops that are 1-inch thick need to cook for 30-35 minutes at 350 F.
Clarissa Silva is an artist with a skillet. As the Chef and Owner of Cuco’s Mexican Restaurant, she has been creating flavorful masterpieces for over 25 years. With her distinctive blend of spices, passion for quality ingredients, and culinary creativity, Clarissa has been delighting the palates of customers around town with her authentic Mexican dishes. She is renowned for her generous hospitality and warm personality – making each visit to Cuco’s a memorable and enjoyable experience. Her dedication to excellence has earned Clarissa deep respect in the local food industry and among her many satisfied diners.