Cooking a juicy and delicious meatloaf can seem like an intimidating task for someone who hasn’t cooked it before. Your questions may range from “what temperature should I cook the meatloaf at?” to “how long does it take to make sure my meatloaf is properly cooked?” Never fear, because we have all the information you need right here. In this blog post, we will go over how long to cook meatloaf at 375 degrees Fahrenheit so that you can create a tender and flavorful dinner for your family or guests in no time.
- 1 What is meatloaf?
- 2 Origin of meatloaf
- 3 The different types of meatloaf
- 4 Nutritional information of meatloaf
- 5 What temperature to cook meatloaf?
- 6 Why should you know how long to cook meatloaf at 375?
- 7 How long to cook meatloaf at 375?
- 8 Factors that affect cooking time meatloaf at 375
- 9 Ingredients and tools needed for making a delicious meatloaf
- 10 How to cook meatloaf at 375?
- 11 How do I know when meatloaf is done at 375?
- 12 Tips for a perfectly cooked meatloaf at 375 every time
- 13 How to serve meatloaf?
- 14 Some recipes using meatloaf as an ingredient
- 15 How to store leftover meatloaf?
- 16 Conclusion: How long to cook meatloaf at 375
- 17 FAQs Cook meatloaf
- 17.1 Is it better to cook meatloaf at 350 or 375?
- 17.2 How long to cook a 5lb meatloaf at 375?
- 17.3 Do you cook a meatloaf covered or uncovered?
- 17.4 Is it better to cook meatloaf in a loaf pan or on a sheet pan?
- 17.5 What’s the highest temperature you can cook meatloaf?
- 17.6 Can you cook meatloaf at 200 degrees?
- 17.7 Is it better to cook meatloaf at 350 or 400?
- 17.8 Do you cook meatloaf on high or low heat?
- 17.9 Can you overcook meatloaf?
- 17.10 How long does it take to cook a 2 pound meatloaf at 375?
What is meatloaf?
Meatloaf is a savory dish of ground meat, typically beef or pork, mixed with seasonings and bound together with egg. It’s then formed into a loaf shape and cooked until done. This classic comfort food can be served as an entrée with your favorite side dishes or turned into delicious sandwiches the next day.
Origin of meatloaf
Meatloaf has been around for centuries and is believed to have originated in Germany. It was first seen in the United States during the early 20th century as an economical way to feed a large group. Since then, it has become a staple dish on dinner tables throughout the world.
The different types of meatloaf
Bobotie is a South African Curry Meat Loaf. Southwestern Turkey Meat Loaf is a variation from the US. Forloren Hare is a version of Meat Loaf popular in Denmark. Embutido is a Filipino Meat Loaf. An Egg-and-Spinach-Stuffed Meat Loaf can also be prepared. Meats Loafs with Eggs and Cheese are also popular. Auvergne-Style Meat Loaf is another popular dish. The classic variation of Meat Loaf is still well known and loved around the world.
Nutritional information of meatloaf
Meatloaf contains 240 calories, 18 g fat, 16 g protein, and 4 g carbohydrate per 113 g serving. Serving contains 0 g of sugar and 0 g dietary fiber; rest is complex carbohydrate. Saturated fat content is 6 g; cholesterol content is 55 mg per serving. Serving size also includes 1.2 mg vitamin C and 1.08 mg iron; calcium content is 0.00 mg.
What temperature to cook meatloaf?
Meatloaf should be cooked at 350 degrees F. This temperature ensures the meatloaf cooks properly and prevents it from drying out. Too high of a temperature will cause the outside to burn before the inside is done, and too low will reduce flavor.
Why should you know how long to cook meatloaf at 375?
Cooking your meatloaf at 375 degrees Fahrenheit will give it a nice, golden-brown color while keeping the inside moist and juicy. If you cook it at too high of a temperature, the outside can burn before the inside is cooked through. Knowing how long to cook meatloaf at 375 degrees helps ensure that you get perfectly cooked results every time.
How long to cook meatloaf at 375?
Now that you know what temperature to cook meatloaf at, let’s discuss how long to cook meatloaf at 375. A 1 lb meatloaf requires 25-30 minutes at 375°F to reach 160°F. A 2 lb meatloaf requires 40-50 minutes at 375°F to reach 160°F. A 3 lb meatloaf requires 1-1.15 hours at 375°F to reach 160°F.
Factors that affect cooking time meatloaf at 375
The size of your loaf is not the only factor that will determine cooking time. Here are some other things to consider when baking meatloaf at 375:
- Cooking environment—The oven temperature may vary from one kitchen to another so always monitor your meatloaf while it cooks
- The type of pan you’re using—Darker pans tend to absorb heat, causing meatloaf to cook faster so always adjust cooking times accordingly
- The amount of fat in your ground beef or pork—The more fat, the longer it will take for the meatloaf to cook through.
Ingredients and tools needed for making a delicious meatloaf
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef, 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, 2 beaten eggs, 1 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup milk are the key ingredients for making a delicious meatloaf. The necessary tools include a mixing bowl and oven.
How to cook meatloaf at 375?
Now know how long to cook meatloaf at 375, let’s get into the specifics of how to make it. Here’s a step-by-step guide. Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix together onions, olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, tomato paste, ground turkey, breadcrumbs and eggs in a large bowl. Press the mixture into an ungreased 8×4-inch loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes. Cover with ¼ cup of ketchup and continue baking for 15-20 minutes until meat thermometer inserted into center reaches 160 F.
How do I know when meatloaf is done at 375?
The best way to tell when your meatloaf is done is to check the internal temperature with a food thermometer. Use an instant-read thermometer to take the guesswork out of knowing when meatloaf is done. Cook meatloaf until it reaches 165°F in the middle when tested with a thermometer.
Tips for a perfectly cooked meatloaf at 375 every time
Making a juicy and flavorful meatloaf doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are some tips for perfectly cooked meatloaf at 375 every time:
- Choose lean ground beef or pork – the more fat content, the longer it will take for your meatloaf to cook through.
- Add moisture– For a tender texture, add moisture by using a combination of bread crumbs (or cracker crumbs), egg and other ingredients like diced peppers or Parmesan cheese.
- Don’t over-mix – Over-mixing will result in a tough texture so mix the ingredients just enough to combine them.
- Use a food thermometer – The best way to ensure your meatloaf is cooked through is to use a food thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the center of your meatloaf before it’s done baking and make sure it reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure proper doneness.
How to serve meatloaf?
Meatloaf is a versatile dish that can be served in a variety of ways. Serve with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, steamed rice or a simple salad for an easy weeknight dinner. Or turn your meatloaf into delicious sandwiches the next day. Top with melted cheese and serve on toasted buns for a flavorful and satisfying meal.
Some recipes using meatloaf as an ingredient
Don’t limit yourself to just serving meatloaf as a main course. Use leftovers or pre-made meatloaf in other recipes for an easy meal solution. Here are some ideas:
- Meatloaf Sliders – Layer a mini hamburger bun with a thin slice of meatloaf, melted cheese and your favorite condiments.
- Meatloaf Soup – Combine diced meatloaf, potatoes, carrots and celery in chicken broth for a hearty and comforting soup.
- Meatloaf Mac & Cheese – Mix cooked mac& cheese with diced meatloaf and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce for an elevated mac & cheese dish.
- Meatloaf Tacos – Fill your favorite taco shells with diced meatloaf, shredded cheese, lettuce and tomatoes for a tasty meal.
- Meatloaf Pizza – Top cooked pizza dough with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, crumbled meatloaf and any other desired toppings. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
How to store leftover meatloaf?
Raw meatloaf can be refrigerated for one night and must be tightly wrapped or placed in a clean container. Cooked meatloaf should cool to room temperature within two hours and promptly stored to prevent bacteria growth. In hot temperatures, cooked meatloaf should be stored in the refrigerator within one hour. Airtight containers can store cooked meatloaf for 1-2 days. Reheating requires the internal temperature to reach 165 F for at least 2 minutes.
Conclusion: How long to cook meatloaf at 375
Cooking meatloaf at 375 degrees Fahrenheit is an easy and fool-proof way to make a delicious dinner for your family or guests. Follow the tips above to ensure that your meatloaf is perfectly cooked every time. Serve with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, steamed rice or turn into sandwiches the next day for a flavorful meal solution.
FAQs Cook meatloaf
Is it better to cook meatloaf at 350 or 375?
Optimal oven temperature for cooking meatloaf is 350 degrees F. Too high and the outer crust will burn before interior is cooked; too low and the desired crust cannot be achieved.
How long to cook a 5lb meatloaf at 375?
Cooking a 5lb meatloaf in a conventional oven requires a temperature of 375F. The total cooking time should be 35-45 minutes per pound, totaling between 175 and 225 minutes.
Do you cook a meatloaf covered or uncovered?
Achieve a perfectly browned meatloaf without worrying about it burning. Simply cover the meatloaf with foil for the first 45 minutes, then uncover for the final 15 minutes to let it brown on top.
Is it better to cook meatloaf in a loaf pan or on a sheet pan?
Meatloaf is traditionally cooked in a loaf pan, however it is not the best way to make it. Using a sheet pan yields the best result when creating a meatloaf.
What’s the highest temperature you can cook meatloaf?
Meatloaf should be cooked at 350 degrees F. Setting the oven temperature too high will result in a burnt outer crust before the interior is cooked through. Too low and you won’t get that delicious crust.
Can you cook meatloaf at 200 degrees?
A grill should be covered and meatloaf cooked over indirect heat at approximately 200 degrees. An instant-read thermometer can be used to measure the interior temperature of the meatloaf once it reaches 140 degrees. The remaining 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce should be brushed on top of the meatloaf and the grill should be covered again.
Is it better to cook meatloaf at 350 or 400?
Standard cooking temperature for meatloaf is 350°F. 35-45 minutes per pound of meatloaf should be cooked at 350°F. A meat thermometer can help to avoid under or overcooking the meatloaf. The ideal internal temperature for a cooked meatloaf is 160°F.
Do you cook meatloaf on high or low heat?
Meatloaf should be cooked in an oven at 350°F (171°C). To ensure a safe and juicy meatloaf, it should be pulled from the heat at 155°F (68°C).
Can you overcook meatloaf?
Meatloaf is easy to overcook due to its smaller size. It is also prone to dryness. Using a meat thermometer is recommended in order to check the internal temperature.
How long does it take to cook a 2 pound meatloaf at 375?
To cook a 2 lb meatloaf at 375°F, it takes 40 to 50 minutes for the meatloaf temp to reach 160°F. For 1 lb meatloaf, cooking time is 25 to 30 minutes. For 3 lb meatloaf, cooking time is 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Clarissa Silva is an artist with a skillet. As the Chef and Owner of Cuco’s Mexican Restaurant, she has been creating flavorful masterpieces for over 25 years. With her distinctive blend of spices, passion for quality ingredients, and culinary creativity, Clarissa has been delighting the palates of customers around town with her authentic Mexican dishes. She is renowned for her generous hospitality and warm personality – making each visit to Cuco’s a memorable and enjoyable experience. Her dedication to excellence has earned Clarissa deep respect in the local food industry and among her many satisfied diners.