Are you looking to make a delicious dinner for your family in no time? Have you been wanting to try cooking country style ribs, but not sure how? Well look no further. This blog post will guide you through all the steps necessary to make these succulent oven baked country style ribs that are ready in a flash. You’ll learn which cuts of meat work best and exactly what ingredients are needed for the perfect flavor combination. Plus, some essential tips and tricks on how to cook country style ribs in the oven fast yet still ensure they come out perfectly juicy every time. Get ready – it’s going to be finger lickin’ good.
- 1 What are country style ribs?
- 2 Origin of country style ribs
- 3 Health benefits of eating country style ribs
- 4 How to select the best country style ribs?
- 5 Best temperature to cook country-style pork ribs in the oven
- 6 How to cook country style ribs in the oven fast?
- 7 How do you know when country style ribs in oven are done?
- 8 What to serve with country style ribs in the oven?
- 9 Some recipes using country style ribs should try
- 10 Variations on country-style ribs in oven
- 11 How to store country-style ribs?
- 12 Conclusion: How to cook country style ribs in the oven fast
- 13 FAQs Cook country style ribs in the oven
- 13.1 How long do you cook country style ribs at 350 in the oven?
- 13.2 How long do you cook country style ribs in the oven at 400?
- 13.3 Can you overcook country ribs?
- 13.4 Can you put BBQ sauce on country style ribs before cooking in oven?
- 13.5 How do you keep country style pork ribs moist in the oven?
- 13.6 Do you need to turn country style ribs when baking in the oven?
- 13.7 Do country style ribs get more tender the longer they cook in oven?
- 13.8 How long do you cook country style ribs at 250 in the oven?
- 13.9 What oven setting is best for country style pork ribs?
- 13.10 How to cook country style ribs in the oven 1 hour?
What are country style ribs?
Country-style ribs are usually boneless cuts of meat taken from the shoulder blade near the loin. They feature a good bit of marbling for flavor and tenderness. Shopping for these ribs typically includes finding pre-cut pieces at the blade end near the shoulder.
Origin of country style ribs
Country-style ribs originate from the shoulder area of an animal. They contain a blend of lean light meat from the loin and dark meat from the shoulder. Depending on their cut, they may contain part of the shoulder blade or rib bone.
Health benefits of eating country style ribs
Country-style ribs are a lean source of protein, providing 26 g per 3 oz serving. These ribs are also an excellent source of Niacin, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium. Additionally, country-style ribs are a good source of Iron, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Phosphorus, and Choline.
How to select the best country style ribs?
Select country style ribs that are at least 3 lbs for competitions. Look for ribs with good fat marbling, but not too much. Avoid slabs that have “shiners” where bone is visible through the meat.
Best temperature to cook country-style pork ribs in the oven
For best results when cooking country-style pork ribs in the oven, use a temperature of between 250° and 300°. It typically takes about two and a half hours to cook seven pounds of country-style ribs at 275°. The lower the temperature, the longer the cook time needed to tenderize the meat while keeping it juicy and flavorful.
How to cook country style ribs in the oven fast?
Now, let’s exploring how to cook country style ribs in the oven fast? Once you have all your ingredients ready, it’s time to get cooking. Here are the steps:
- Preheat oven to 325 F (162 C).
- Prepare a small bowl of dry spices.
- Place country style ribs in single layer on bottom of 9×13 casserole dish, and sprinkle half seasoning rub on top, massaging into the ribs. Flip and repeat with remaining spice blend on other side.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; transfer ribs to sheet (optional: coat with BBQ sauce).
- Broil for 4-5 minutes or until golden and crispy exterior.
- Check internal temperature using instant read meat thermometer when 145 F; rest for 5 minutes before serving with favorite BBQ sauce and desired sides.
How do you know when country style ribs in oven are done?
Check ribs with a fork or set of tongs for doneness—they should be tender and easily pulled apart. If ribs are still tough, tightly cover and return to oven for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a dry baking sheet.
What to serve with country style ribs in the oven?
Serve Country Style Ribs in the Oven with The BEST Mashed Potatoes Recipe, a Homemade Mac and Cheese Casserole, The Best Coleslaw Recipe, a Creamy Macaroni Salad, The Best Baked Beans, and Southern Potato Salad.
Some recipes using country style ribs should try
Looking to try out some new recipes? Here are five delicious dishes you can make with country style ribs in the oven.
- BBQ Country Style Ribs: Make a delicious barbecue sauce using ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Coat the ribs with the sauce and cook in the oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Parmesan Cheese Country Style Ribs: Mix together grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper. Rub the mixture onto the ribs and cook them in the oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Tomato Basil Country Style Ribs: In a bowl, mix together crushed tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper. Spread the mixture over the ribs and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Honey Mustard Country Style Ribs: Create a honey mustard sauce by combining dijon, honey, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Baste the ribs with the mixture and cook in the oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Spicy Chipotle Country Style Ribs: Make a spicy chipotle marinade by combining chipotle peppers, olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder and cumin. Marinate the ribs in the mixture for at least one hour and then cook in the oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
Variations on country-style ribs in oven
There are plenty of variations on how to cook country style ribs in the oven. For example, you can add a glaze to the ribs by combining honey, garlic powder and paprika. Or try adding some extra heat by basting them with a mixture of chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and cumin. The possibilities are endless.
How to store country-style ribs?
Leftover country-style ribs can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Leftovers can be reheated in a 250°F oven for 10-15 minutes, or in a microwave at 30-second intervals. Country-style ribs can be frozen for up to 3 months, when properly stored in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.
Conclusion: How to cook country style ribs in the oven fast
Making country style ribs in the oven is a quick and easy way to get a delicious dinner on the table. With this guide, you’ll be able to make them fast yet still ensure they come out perfectly juicy every time. Just remember to select high-quality pork ribs with plenty of marbling, preheat your oven beforehand, and check for doneness every fifteen minutes.
FAQs Cook country style ribs in the oven
How long do you cook country style ribs at 350 in the oven?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat oil in saucepan on medium-high heat; add onions and garlic until softened. Combine chili sauce, beer, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard; bring to a boil and simmer until thickened. Place ribs in baking dish and bake for 1 hour. Spread sauce over ribs and continue baking until sauce bubbles and ribs become tender, about 1 hour more.
How long do you cook country style ribs in the oven at 400?
Oven-baked ribs require 30 minutes of cooking time at 400°F for every pound of meat. For a 3-pound rack of pork ribs, cook for 90 minutes at 400°F.
Can you overcook country ribs?
Country ribs can be overcooked, resulting in tender but mushy meat. Achieving the desired texture requires careful balancing. Ribs should be browned before the meat is done.
Can you put BBQ sauce on country style ribs before cooking in oven?
Country Style Ribs can be cooked without BBQ sauce, but they can also be coated with it prior to broiling them. BBQ sauce can be used as both a coating and a dipping sauce.
How do you keep country style pork ribs moist in the oven?
Keep country style pork ribs moist by using foil: line the sheet pan with foil for easy cleanup, then cover the ribs tightly with foil to hold in juices. Foil pouch allows steam to cook ribs gently for a moist result.
Do you need to turn country style ribs when baking in the oven?
Country style ribs can be cooked in the oven for a slow roast. Before brushing with sauce, flip the ribs gently as they will be very tender and may fall apart. Add these ribs to your rotation of fall recipes for delicious barbecue.
Do country style ribs get more tender the longer they cook in oven?
Country style ribs become more tender the longer they are cooked in an oven. To achieve a tender end product, the temperature of the oven needs to be just right. Keeping the meat moist while cooking is essential so that it does not dry out.
How long do you cook country style ribs at 250 in the oven?
Country style ribs can be cooked between 225-275 degrees F, with 250F being the ideal temperature. At 250F, cooking time for ribs will vary based on size and take between 1.75-2.25 hours to fully cook. At 225F, the same type of ribs will take 2.25-2.75 hours, and at 275F they will take 1.25-1.75 hours to prepare.
What oven setting is best for country style pork ribs?
Slow cooking at low temperatures is the key to tender, juicy pork. Set oven temperature to 250 degrees F when cooking country style pork ribs. Before cooking, pat dry the ribs with paper towels.
How to cook country style ribs in the oven 1 hour?
Preheat oven to 400*. Cover ribs with Seasoned Salt. Pour BBBQ sauce over ribs, using 1/2 a bottle of sauce. Bake for 1 hour and serve.
Clarissa Silva is an artist with a skillet. As the Chef and Owner of Cuco’s Mexican Restaurant, she has been creating flavorful masterpieces for over 25 years. With her distinctive blend of spices, passion for quality ingredients, and culinary creativity, Clarissa has been delighting the palates of customers around town with her authentic Mexican dishes. She is renowned for her generous hospitality and warm personality – making each visit to Cuco’s a memorable and enjoyable experience. Her dedication to excellence has earned Clarissa deep respect in the local food industry and among her many satisfied diners.